“From healing the money wound to successful fundraising”
with the founder of the method John Croft and Lizandra Barbuto
Have you ever had confusing feelings about fundraising? Probably yes. For successful fundraising that is totally aligned with your values we have to first heal our relationship to money. Only then we can easily create win-win projects with sufficient funding and lots of good energy!
Successful projects need a stable economic basis. And yet fundraising is sabotaged by a deep, multigenerational wound about money created by our currency culture. People often have greatest difficulty in the allocating the tasks for their project concerning the issue of fundraising. It is as if we are all deeply wounded about the way money works in our communities, and this wound gets activated when we are engaged in fundraising. From this, it is clear that our current economy is based upon a model that believes
- There is not enough
- More is better
- That is the way it is, we have no choice
These false beliefs limit our effectiveness as fundraisers. Empowered fundraising overcomes these limiting beliefs, inspires and enables us as participants to create the funds necessary to implement our projects in line with our values and visions. Primarily this is about to overcome personal issues about money, building relationships with others and offering them the gift of participating in projects which add meaning to their lives. The healing of our relationship to money is the basis of this work. With Empowered Fundrasing we can succeed in building an economy of sustainability and mutual respect. Empowered fundraising aims to inspire, educate and empower you to realign the acquisition and allocation of financial resources with your most deeply held values.
The approach is committed to providing programs and resources that shift your relationship with money from dependency, confusion and disempowerment to one of freedom, meaning, and contribution.
Photo by Paavo Eensalu
The intention of this workshop is to offer to participants
- Discovered the source of our wound about money and fundraising
- Have discovered the basis of the gift economy, through the gift of leading a meaningful life
- Have practiced Charismatic Communication as a way of sharing about their project(s), in such a way as to encourage participation
- Identified their personal balance point as a contribution towards their project, and committed it to their project
- Identified the basis of relationship building, seen a role play and have created one for themselves
- Learned of the steps and stages for a successful fundraising project, and be able to apply this to their own project
Outcome: The establishment of a fundraising project that illustrates its effectiveness in a real setting.
Total Training: 20 hours contact
- Exploring the creation of the money wound
- Open the sense for the personal relationship with money
- The Functions of Money and their contradictions
- Towards rebuilding the gift economy
- Charismatic communication exercise
- Exploring the balance point
- The nature of the gift, beyond begging
- Choosing the buddy – Follow-up, building relationships
- Role play giving of gifts
“With Empowered Fundrasing we can succeed in building an economy of sustainability and mutual respect. Empowered fundraising aims to inspire, educate and empower you to realign the acquisition and allocation of financial resources with your most deeply held values..
– John Croft
Early bird: 290 EUR until 1st of June 2020
Regular: 340 EUR
About the trainers
JOHN CROFT is an international trainer-consultant and the founder of West-Australian Gaia Trust. He has been a university lecturer, government consultant in community building and regional development, and environmental sustainability. He is the creator of the Dragon Dreaming methodology, which has spread through workshops over the last 20 years to more than 7,700 projects in 47 countries around the world. He is also a Co-founder of Possibilities Institute and creator of Empowered Fundraising.
LIZANDRA BARBUTO is an occupational therapist, a specialist in Human Development, Neuroscience and Behavior and Integral Sustainability. She is Dragon Dreaming international trainer and the Guide Way of Nature. She has worked in different cultures, in Australia, South America, Europe and Africa. She is Co-founder of Possibilities Institute, working in human development processes aimed at achieving collective wisdom through conceptual learning, nature experience and participatory methods.